I love simple, quick and easy meals, anything that makes tea time more simple is a must for me and this will become even more of an issue come next month when I embark on my university course. This recipe is one of those that you can simple mix together and stuff in the oven and enjoy a glass of wine and time with the kids whilst it cooks.
Honey Soy Chicken
- 500 g Chicken Thighs, skin on
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 5 tbsp Honey
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Line a baking tray in foil as the honey and soy sauce is super sticky. It will also make the clean up quicker too!
- Mix the veg oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey, garlic, ginger and black pepper in a bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs on the tray and cover in the marinade. Turning the chicken over to ensure it is completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, check to make sure they aren’t browning too quickly. If they are cooking quickly, cover with foil.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with rice and a side salad, remembering to pour some of the sauce over the chicken and rice.
TIP: You can make the marinade in the morning and allow the chicken to sit in it all day before cooking. This intensifies the flavor.