I have been searching the depths of Pinterest for new family meal ideas and this one was a huge success so I wanted to share it with you!This recipe came from this Pin I found and the blog it originated from has some amazing slow cooker or crock pot recipes for family eating. I will be trying some more in the very near future!
- 1 large Onion, thinly sliced
- Pork joint, I used a pork shoulder
- 500 ml beef, chicken, vegetable stock, I used chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
Method for Pulled Pork
- Lay the onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the pork joint.
- Sprinkle over the garlic and salt.
- Pour in the stock.
- Cook on the high setting of you slow cooker for 4-5 hrs or on low for 6-7 hrs
- Once cooked, remove from pot and shred with forks.
Ingredients for Balsamic BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
I served the slow cooked pulled pork and balsamic bbq sauce with sweet potato wedges, peas and sweetcorn.