I suffer terribly during the winter months from dry, chapped lips and have tried many shop bought products so I thought I would try making some of my own and see if it would work any better. Well it did and here is the recipe for this easy to make Lavender and Myrrh Soothing Lip balm.
- 2 tsp cocoa butter and shea butter, combined
- 1 drop myrrh essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
What to do
- Melt the cocoa and shea butter in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Now add the essential oils and pour the melted mixture into sterile jars.
- Allow to cool and set, this can take up to 12 hours.
- Use within 6 months.